It’s my extreme pleasure to introduce for this week’s spotlight author Abby L. Vandiver!
1) Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am a former attorney and college professor. Irrefutable Proof is my second book. My debut novel, In the Beginning came out this past June. Other than writing as much as I can, I enjoy spending time traveling and with my three grandchildren.
2) Where can we find you on the internet?
You can find me everywhere! My website is http://www.abbylvandiver.com . My Twitter handle is @AbbyVandiver and I’m on Facebook as well. I have profiles on Goodreads and Amazon. So, be sure to find me and say, “Hello.”
3) Why did you choose the genre you write in and how would you describe your writing style?
I didn’t really choose the genre I don’t think, it chose me. It was the story that I wanted to tell. In my second book, Irrefutable Proof, I really didn’t know what genre the book would fall in until the beta reader commented on it.
4) Tell us about your latest book.
My latest book, Irrefutable Proof is a cozy mystery, suspense and alternative history novel. It is a continuation of In the Beginning, but can be read without reading the first book. The main character, a Biblical archaeologists looks for advanced technology that was used by our ancestors to build the pyramids, steam engines and batteries thousands of years before we ‘re-discovered’ them. There’s a little murder and conspiracy going on in it too. A little something for everyone. Oh, except for romance. Don’t have any of that in there. Sorry!
5) If you could live in any world from a book or movie which would it be and why?
I love the scenery in What Dreams May Come. I wish the colors of my world were that vibrant and cool. And I would love to see and speak with my mother again.
6) What was your favorite book growing up?
No favorite books when I was coming up, I used to just love to read. My favorite genre though is mystery.
7) The infamous question- what advice would you give to any aspiring and new authors out there?
Get a proofreader!
8) What are your preferred method to use while writing and environment?
I like it quiet. Sometimes I’ll play music or have the television going on in the background, but I don’t think any of that aids in my thought process.
9) What are your favorite games (tabletop and/or video)? If you’re not too much into gaming (even monopoly counts!) what are your other hobbies?
I do like a good game of Monopoly, but my favorite thing to do is watch a good movie. One that draws me in and makes the real world go away for a little while.
10) What can we look forward from you in the future?
More books! I’ve got a slew of them up in my head. But the next one to be put on paper is At the End of the Line, a book I’m writing with a very talented co-author, Kathryn Dionne. We’ll be writing under the pen name Kathryn Longino.
Thanks again Abby for taking the time with my questions.