It’s my extreme pleasure to introduce author, Tabitha Baumander!
1) Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I live in Toronto Canada. I’m a novelist screenwriter and play write with 5 novels and a novella on Amazon.com. I’ve also had a dramatic short script produced. I am a self taught writer and have been writing all my life but as I have issues with spelling I didn’t get anywhere until affordable home computers with good spell check came on the market. I’m divorced with adult offspring. As a day job I do telephone customer service and day dream of the day when I option that big script and never put on a head set again.
2) Where can we find you on the internet?
I think my Amazon page is the best.
however I also have a facebook page you can like
3) Why did you chose the genre you write in and how would you describe your writing style?
I think in some ways genre chooses you. Its simply how your mind works. For instance my late mother was fond of “cosy” style murder mysteries. She didn’t understand my sort of thing at all. I tried to write a “cosy” and got so bored after a chapter and a half that I put in a ghost. The ghost helped solve the murder.
4) Tell us about your latest book.
Castle Doom is an adventure fantasy that pits an army special service team against a “demon” trapped in an old ruined tower in a branch of the Black Forest in Germany.
5) If you could live in any world from a book or movie which would it be and why?
I’ve visited London England I think I’d like to live there for a short time. I’m fond of things English and you can use that as a starting point to take small trips around Europe.
6) What was your favorite book growing up?
In grade school Bambi then Gullivers Travels. Not sure about high school something from Steven King I think.
7) The infamous question- what advice would you give to any aspiring and new authors out there?
Stay in school and get a good day job that you’ll like because with writing its about the journey not the dollar signs. That being said if you want to write then write.
8) What are your preferred method to use while writing and environment?
Feet up keyboard on lap. I use a desktop computer not a laptop. My desk is in the corner of my bedroom.
9)What are your favorite games (tabletop and/or video)? If you’re not too much into gaming (even monopoly counts!) what are your other hobbies?
I do different crafts knitting etc. I also go to the movies as much as possible.
10) What can we look forward from you in the future?
I have a book called Warriors that will be coming out some time this spring. if you like my facebook page you will get up dates on when.
Thanks again Tabitha for taking the time for the interview, it was great to meet you!